Friday, July 28, 2006

Tony Talks Art

'After the Rain' , Mixed media - Watercolor & Acrylic


Hi! My name is Tony Attwood and I live in Somerset in the UK. I have been painting and drawing practically all my life but started to take it really seriously in 1984. I believe that everyone can learn both to draw and to paint as it is predominantly a craft skill like bricklaying or plumbing.

My purpose in setting up this blog is to encourage people who believe they can't draw or paint to have a go. I would also like to encourage people who already do paint to experiment more so that their painting develops. I will show some of my work hoping to get some feedback on it. Comments both good and bad are welcome.

If you think I might be able to help with a painting problem then post a comment or email me with your question and I will do my best to help. I may not be able to answer all of your questions personally and if that is the case I will set up a FAQ page. Some of the posts I put up will show how to paint, or at least how I do it, and how it works for me. Other posts will attempt to give guidance in solving painting problems.

Originally I painted in transparent watercolour but over the years I have added acrylics and pastels to my work so most now fall into the category of mixed media. The painting above was done a few years ago. Recently I have experimented with a more abstract form of landscape. For me whatever works is right. For example when I add some pastel work to a watercolour, it too is worked in with a little water and in this way I can obtain effects which I can achieve in no other way.

Well, that's it for today. Tomorrow I will post an article on how to beat the block.

Till then, take care and keep painting.

Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home