Monday, September 04, 2006

Space

'Wind From the West' ................Watercolour

For those of you who have followed this Blog from the start it will be obvious that I have a number of obsessions.

One of course is Birch Trees, which for me are the most beautiful trees in creation. That says a lot because all trees are beautiful.

Another of my obsessions is space, which accounts for why I paint landscapes and why I seek out those places where space is clearly evident. Places like beaches, cliffs and open moorland. In fact any place where I can get away from the crowds.

The painting above is of just such a place. When I had completed the picture I wasn’t too happy with it. In fact I still regard it as one of my least successful pictures and it came very close to receiving the acrylic gesso treatment and having another painting done on top.

The reprieve came about because ‘she who must be obeyed’ liked the picture and demanded that it be framed and hung in her study. And that is where it is today.

Perhaps you will leave a comment telling me what you think of this painting. Who is right – she or me?

Until next week, take care and keep on painting.

Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home