Friday, October 06, 2006

Holiday

Holiday, isn’t that a lovely word!

This week I had intended to write about doing a few thumbnail sketches prior to beginning a painting in order to work out composition and related problems. Instead I have been doing much more mundane things like harvesting and pressing the grapes and making the current year’s crop into the best wine produced in the South West of England. Unfortunately I only have two vines and harvested 62lb of grapes, which all being well will give me a grand total of 24 bottles of wine. So you see it is very exclusive stuff.

The other thing I decided during the week was that I am in need of a holiday. There’s that lovely word again!

So in a bit I am off to North Cornwall for a spell to do some sketching, painting and photography. One of the ideas I have is to take photographs to produce a resource CD for painting. Primarily it is intended for my own use but if there is enough interest I shall probably make it available to anyone out there who might find it useful.

The area of Cornwall I shall be visiting is north of Redruth in the ancient tin mining region of the county. I am interested in the possibilities for dramatic paintings that may be offered by the old engine houses, which stand near to cliff tops, as well as the rugged cliffs and rocky coast. There may also be sightings of seal and other wildlife giving a chance for some interesting photographs.
By the time I get back I am hoping to have acquired enough material to keep me painting throughout the winter and also to continue with a lively and more interesting blog.

My next posting will be around about the 25th October. Till then, take care.

Tony

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home